Thus, Modi wants India & other sunlight-rich countries to form an organisation on the lines of OPEC. If Modi's doomsday forecast turns out to be true, then this solar cartel would be in a position to manage the sunlight reaching the earth & replace OPEC as the prime influence on the global energy market. I am sure, if this plan takes concrete shape, it would be led by none other than the visionary Modi.
The draft manifesto of the body is:
- Reduce the dependence on fossil fuels & move towards a sustainable future by effective control of nature, beginning with the Sun.
- Estimate & categorise the countries according to the Gross Annual Sunlight (GAS) received. GAS would be a function of annual sunlight days, sunlight intensity, landmass occupied, etc.. Countries receiving 40% of the global GAS shall be invited to become SEC-C members. Countries having sun on their flags would become honorary members, while those having Moon on their flags would be barred from membership, irrespective of GAS they receive.
- Each SEC-C country would have voting right proportionate to the GAS it receives. The annual GAS received by each country would be tracked closely.
- Make GAS a tradeable commodity, that can be exchanged for other energy. Any country receiving more than its defined GAS, shall be liable to return the equivalent energy to the SEC-C nations in the form of other fuels or duly defined compensation mechanism.
- Each country would be assigned targets to utilise GAS it receives by converting it into energy. Countries failing to do so can purchase credits from SEC-C members in an exchange. If SEC-C nations receive less sunlight in a year, they shall be compensated by the non-SEC-C nations for the same.
- During a solar eclipse, a global mahayagna, presided over by the SEC-C leader, would be conducted to appease the sun & grant of additional GAS.
- SEC-C shall stand for correcting historical wrongs. As a first step, Earth's axial tilt shall be corrected to enable a more equitable distribution of GAS. As a result, the unfair advantage of certain countries with respect to receipt of sunlight would be corrected.
- The SEC-C officials would be free to travel to any place that receives sunlight & would not need any visa for doing so. A country denying such permission/visa to a SEC-C leader shall not be entitled to receive any sunlight till the permission is granted.
- As befits its status, SEC-C decisions shall be assumed to be endorsed by all countries receiving sunlight. Any questions on about the methods, objectives, results or intentions of SEC-C shall be construed to be an attack on the respect of SEC-C member countries & strong action shall be taken against erring parties.